Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Marketplace | Buy, Sell, Trade > For Sale
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 03-21-2022, 02:23 PM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to 1993CivicVX
1992 Civic VX

I am selling my 1992 Civic VX:

Car was recently in low speed front end accident. Car still runs and still makes very good power, but front end damage makes car difficult to turn due to rubbing of broken bumper. Plates have been removed. Radiator and coolant reservoir damaged in accident. I would love to fix the car and keep driving it, but I have no place to store it while looking for replacement parts, so I am reluctantly putting it up for sale for someone to either keep it running or use as parts car. Car was my daily driver up until the accident two weeks ago.

New muffler and resonator pipe installed a year ago and just several weeks ago new flex pipe and front pipe was installed. Instrument Cluster repaired 3 months ago. Bolster tear on both front seats tastefully repaired with "VX" stitching. 20,000 miles ago the original high mileage engine was replaced with a pre-owned federal D15Z1 engine with 82,000 miles. At this time the clutch was also replaced with a new one and the steering rack was replaced with a remanufactured one. New tires put on about 12,000 miles ago onto the original 9lb. VX wheels. Starter replaced with new one 2 months ago. Passenger indoor lock mechanism broken, but still locks/unlocks with key. Right piston on rear window broken. Spare Distributor and a few other engine parts in good condition from original motor that had been replaced shortly before the original motor had been replaced. Transmission replaced with a pre-owned one with 10,000 miles on it at 260,000 miles. (Odometer has never been reset and reads 345,000 miles). Car shifts perfectly. Transmission has 95,000 miles on it.

Original radio replaced with usb head unit. Rear speakers were added by previous owner; very tastefully.

Photos and video coming soon. Feel free to ask any questions here.

Car mods are overrated. Just gotta adjust that nut behind the wheel for best mpg.

Forget about World Peace...Visualize using your turn signal.
1993CivicVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 06:41 AM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to 1993CivicVX
I've decided I don't want to deal with trying to find a place to store the car; I don't own property so I have no place to keep it. So I've decided to scrap the car for $300. I'm giving the wheels to a friend. If someone really wants the car let me know and I will sell it as is with the wheels, otherwise it's getting picked up on Monday and going to the local auto recycling center where all those newish parts I listed will be sent to China. The rough location of the car is somewhere near where the states of Massachusetts, New York and Connect intersect.

Car mods are overrated. Just gotta adjust that nut behind the wheel for best mpg.

Forget about World Peace...Visualize using your turn signal.
1993CivicVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 08:35 PM   #3
Registered Member

Poor car. Hope someone would rescue it.
visorX is offline   Reply With Quote