Is there a "fuelly" for EVs? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > Fuelly Web Support and Community News
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 04-23-2024, 08:52 PM   #1
Out of Fuel

Is there a "fuelly" for EVs?

There is a lot of debate about a car's "real world range". When I shopped for ICE cars, I always took a look at fuelly records to get a better view at how a car performs. With that being said, Is there a fuelly for EVs?

Btw, looks like a 2020 Model Y gets 3.4mpg according to Fuelly. /s

carolynbarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 04:43 AM   #2
Registered Member

I'm not aware of any sites, it would be very difficult to measure this without having an electric meter installed on the charger that people use at their home. Most people charge at home, and some chargers come with smart meters but I'm assuming most do not have it. I usually go to the EPA's site to compare EVs and see which one is the most energy efficient, they have a top 10 list that I check every year. Tesla and Lucid is usually up there. My Volt gets about 3.2 miles/kWh on average in electric mode, which is not too bad. Tesla Model 3s usually get 4 miles/kWh in the real world.

luv2spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 09:40 PM   #3
Registered Member

We bought out first full EV last year. I'm surprised fuelly is so behind with this stuff, it's really not that difficult to implement with the existing model.

In the UK, there can be a 1000% difference between the cost of charging at home, and charging publicly, which is crazy unfair. Most ev owners I know use an overnight tariff which costs as little as 7.5 pence per KWH. The last public charger we used was 85 pence, over 10 times the price. This is really not helping the already struggling ev market.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 04:04 AM   #4
Registered Member

See the link below, EPA still measures data in MPGe probably so that people can better understand the energy efficiency compared to Internal Combustion Engines:

https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/topt...ction=AllYears

"For those vehicles that do not use liquid fuels—such as electric vehicles, plug-in hybrid electric vehicles operating on electricity, and compressed natural gas vehicles—the labels display miles per gallon of gasoline-equivalent (MPGe). Think of this as being similar to MPG, but instead of presenting miles per gallon of the vehicle’s fuel type, it represents the number of miles the vehicle can go using a quantity of fuel with the same energy content as a gallon of gasoline. This allows a reasonable comparison between vehicles using different fuels. For example, you can use MPGe to compare a compressed natural gas (CNG) vehicle with a gasoline vehicle; even though CNG is not dispensed or burned in gallons."

A true measure of efficiency for Electric Vehicles is in Miles per kWh.

luv2spd is offline   Reply With Quote